Thursday, March 26, 2015

Twitter and blogs

I really wish there could be a thing like a blog combined with twitter. Blogs and twitter are like, opposite things and if you combined them you'd get epicness. Twitter with its character limit, it's like, for short random thoughts, like small epiphanies and interesting tidbits. And then a blog is like large ranting thing for elaborate thought webs and stuff. I mean technically I could write like, one sentence blog posts but that's lame. That's like wasting the awesomeness potential of a blog. Plus the actual long, ranting good elaborate posts would get buried by the short random ones. I could also just use my blog and twitter separately but no one uses twitter and it would be so much easier to just combine the two onto one website. but still have the posts and the tweets separated so the posts wouldnt get buried by the tweets. Having a blog and having a twitter are both so awesome I don't know why more people don't get them. No, everyone has like Facebook and G+. The mainstreamish platforms, like a shared ground for everyone to share stuff but everything gets buried by everything and there are people competing for likes and stuff and there's nothing good like the things you'd find on blogs. Like, halfway between a twitter and a blog, the worst of both worlds. For me, at least. The advantage for most people is that it's better for socializing with the reshare thing and the comments system and there are no limits on what you can post, whereas on twitter you only share short things and on a blog everything you share gets shared publicly and it's like your own website and other people are looking at it as opposed to just your post on a shared ground. With a blog you have an opportunity to customize it and make it your own. That's especially appealing to me. Like, I can put whatever I want on it because it's my blog. It's not going to appear in other peoples streams or notifications or something. Well except right now its automatically set to post to G+ when I post something and I'm not going to lie, I like that people can see my blog. It's like I can feel like I'm actually contributing stuff. But really the main purpose of my blog I feel like is to archive important things that I don't want to lose forever. Literally all the posts so far have been results of me ranting to someone on Hangouts and then going like "This is good stuff, I must save it" so I write it. Anyways G+ and Facebook aren't for me. Twitter though. I originally got it with the intent of seeing what the heck Vi was up to because of the lack of videos. However I quickly found that I really like the format of Twitter. It's simple and instead of liking or +1'ing you have favorites but the thing is that it saves all of your favorites so you can go back and look at them. Retweets work pretty much the same way, but like instead of having comments you have like reply tweets? I don't even understand how it works but it's cool that you have a character limit. There's so much you can do with a platform like this, and yet half the tweets I see are links to other pages. Like wow. Guys. You are taking something beautiful and ingenious and you are killing it. You are murdering it. You are massacring it. But really it's not anybody's fault. Twitter is a fascinating thing and I'm sure that there are people out there who use it how it's intended but here in Plano no one seems to use Twitter. I'd like to use Twitter, at least it seems better to me than G+, but no one is there so I couldn't really use it even if I wanted to. It's not the type of thing that suits everyone, so the people who actually use it are doomed to never have any sort of audience ever. Unless you're famous like John Green. Then everyone actually wants to see your tweets. Otherwise your tweets just get buried by everyone else's tweets and no one will ever see your tweets unless they're specifically searching for them and no one does that. Twitter is such a wonderful concept but from where I see it, it's nowhere near its full potential. It would be so much awesome if a twitter-like thing could be incorporated into my blog. There people could see it and it would be on my blog, happy and safe from being buried by all the other tweets. Safe and protected, on its own website instead of being a part of a larger platform. Wouldn't that be nice?

Oh hey look there's a twitter gadget! Says I after a long time of messing around with blogger. How perfect! Now I can get what I wanted!! Hooray!!
*15 minutes later*
NOW HOW DO YOU GET THIS FREAKING GADGET TO FUNCTION CORRECTLY

No comments:

Post a Comment